For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster,to give you a future and a hope.
Saturday, April 23, 2011
What Does Easter Mean to You?
So, lately driving to and from class I've heard on the radio the question "What does Easter mean to you?" Generally if you're just a regular person you think easter eggs, rabbits, and candy. If you are a Christian you think how Jesus conquered the grave. But with all the hustle and bustle candy, eggs, and bunnies I think even us Christians pass over the fact of what Easter is really about, we know, but do we really celebrate Easter in a way Jesus would want us to. I want Easter to mean more to me than "oh yeah Jesus rose from the dead, that's why we're celebrating today." Growing up Easter was never a huge deal in my family, so I never made it a huge deal for myself. I want Easter to be a day for me dedicated totally to my King, not eggs or candy. If He wouldn't have been brutally beaten beyond recognition, hung on a cross, and rose again my life would be nothing. Can you imagine what life be like if He wouldn't have did what He did? My life would have no meaning, He gives my life meaning because of His extreme sacrifice. Yet, He doesn't want us to just remember His extreme sacrifice on Easter He wants us to remember it daily. I want to wake up each and every morning and thank God for what He did, so I could get out of bed every morning and live my life. I also think about how He did what He did because He loves me. For the people I love the most I don't think I could have done what He did. Yet He loves us each individually so much beyond what we can grasp that He died for us. We reject Him daily, do things we're ashamed of, and yet He still loves us. So what does Easter mean to me? It means that my Savior died for me, conquered the grave, and loves me even though I reject Him, push Him out my life, forget to talk to Him and make others more important. And He still says I'm still here, I never left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment