Saturday was a strange, crazy, weird, and oddly good day. It started out like a normal day; homework, facebook, watching a movie; just a relaxing day. Then I went to close my computer and go to the park and something on the hinge of my computer broke, cracked. I was so frustrated because I feel like there is something always going wrong with my computer. I called my mom in tears, upset, and extremely frustrated. I got off the phone still frustrated but I decided I would still walk to the park to get it off my mind. By the time I got to the park I had this renewed feeling about the situation. I was thankful that my computer broke because it was the only way God could get through to me. He was saying stop spending more time on your computer than with Me. Stop finding your happiness in technology and find your happiness in Me. Come to Me when you're stressed, when you're worried, to find rest, come to Me and I will do so much more. I will be your everything, I want to be your everything... if you just let Me. This was such a big step for me, because the old me would have dwelt on this and let it ruin my whole day.
Then as I was walking back a guy from the church nearby stopped me. He started talking to me about passover and invited me to come to supper at their church. It was strange, but was good. I didn't go because I was scared and didn't really know what they believed. But this was the weirdest, strangest, best day I have had in a long time. It was a day I really needed.
God is working in me and I'm so so excited about what He is going to do inside of me after Saturday. I'm excited about this quarter, about new friends, about this new chapter in my life. I realized that I needed CCU the past 2 years of my life to grow in my faith. But right now I'm exactly in the place I need to be. I need to be in a place like this, not surrounded by all Christians, to be uncomfortable, to see what it's going to be like in the real world, and I'm so excited about what God's gonna do through this. Last quarter I couldn't wait to get home, but I'm so happy where I am that I don't want to leave. I'm challenging myself to be uncomfortable and bit by bit, step by step I'm leaving my comfort zone to see what God has for me in the uncomfortable.
Don't love the world's ways. Don't love the world's goods. Love of the world squeezes out love for the Father. Practically everything that goes on in the world—wanting your own way, wanting everything for yourself, wanting to appear important—has nothing to do with the Father. It just isolates you from him. The world and all its wanting, wanting, wanting is on the way out—but whoever does what God wants is set for eternity. ~ 1 John 2:15-17
No comments:
Post a Comment